Please note - the Trust Volunteering Service is on pause until September 2020 to enable a focus on current volunteers, development of the volunteer offer, and improvement to the quality and efficiency of the service. Please check back in with us later in the year for information about the a wide range of volunteering opportunities across all services within the Trust.
The aim of the volunteer programme is to offer opportunities within the Trust that will help develop both the volunteers and our services. The programme also seeks to create opportunities outside of the Trust to give all those involved a sense of value, confidence, self-esteem and recognition.
For more information, contact the People Resource Team by emailing email@example.com. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Benefits for the volunteer include opportunities...
- to get involved in our services
- to use skills in a way tailored or graded to ability
- to learn and develop new skills
- for people who have used or are using mental health services to continue their recovery in a safe and supportive environment
- for people outside mental health services to learn more about those services and mental health generally
- to gain work experience and potential reference in a supportive environment
- to work in an environment that is fair and inclusive, and that will provide empathy and support at all times
- to be supported and enabled to make the transition into other work environments if they wish to
- to be supported with education and development opportunities in order to make the most of their potential
- to be empowered to take more control of their own development.
Who will be considered?
We are fully committed to equality and diversity, and will engage with anyone who wants to volunteer.
Anyone with a genuine interest in the work of Derbyshire Healthcare will be considered (our work primarily covers mental health, eating disorders, substance misuse, learning disabilities and children’s services). We would particularly encourage people who are receiving or have received services from the Trust or carers of people receiving services to become volunteers.
How can I find out more?
For more information, contact the the People Resource Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.