Partnership working is central to our values. This page provides information about our partnerships within the NHS, the public sector and with the voluntary sector and third sector.
The NHS England website has a useful summary of how the NHS is structured. There is also useful information on the King's Fund website about how NHS providers like our Trust are commissioned and regulated.
Many of our services – particularly our secondary care services – are commissioned by the local NHS Integrated Care Board (ICB), called the NHS Derby and Derbyshire Integrated Care Board. The ICB replaced the Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) on 1 July 2022 as part of the launch of the Joined Up Care Derbyshire Integrated Care System.
Several of our services are also commissioned by the public health departments at Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Council. These include our family health services for Derby and our drug and alcohol services for Derby and Derbyshire.
A small number of the services we manage are also commissioned directly by NHS England, such as the East Midlands Gambling Harms Service.
As an NHS Foundation Trust, we are regulated by the Care Quality Commission. NHS England also monitors our performance levels, including our financial performance.
- View the most recent CQC reports about our services.
- View the information about our Trust on the NHS England website.
Our regional collaborations
We are a member of several regional NHS provider collaboratives. These collaboratives see groups of NHS trusts and other healthcare providers working closely together to improve specialist mental health services. They are overseen by the East Midlands Alliance for Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Autism.
These collaboratives include:
East Midlands Perinatal Mental Health Provider Collaborative - which works to ensure high-quality care for pregnant women and new mothers with serious mental illnesses who require admission to a Mother and Baby Unit. We are the lead for this collaborative. Learn more on the perinatal service page.
East Midlands Adult Eating Disorder (AED) Provider Collaborative - which provides eating disorder services to patients from NHS organisations across the East Midlands. Learn more about the AED provider collaborative on the East Midlands Alliance website.
Op Courage, the veterans' mental health and wellbeing service - visit the Op Courage website to find out more.
IMPACT - responsible for the commissioning of low and medium secure mental health services and low and medium secure learning disability and autism services for adults. Learn more about IMPACT.
- CAMHS Tier 4 East Midlands Provider Collaborative - responsible for the commissioning of CAMHS Tier 4 (specialist) services in the region. Learn more about the CAMHS collaborative on the East Midlands Alliance website.
Other public sector partnerships
As well as Joined Up Care Derbyshire we are a partner in...
- The Derby Integrated Family Health Service, working with University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust - see the information on our family health services in Derby
- The Derby and Derbyshire Crisis Care Concordat - to make sure that people get the help they need when they are having a mental health crisis
- The Derbyshire Suicide Prevention Partnership Forum - to share our research and expertise on suicide prevention
- The East Midlands Self-harm and Suicide Prevention Research Network.
Our partnerships with the voluntary and third sector
We work closely with a number of charities and voluntary groups.
Some of our services are provided in partnership with not-for-profit organisations including:
- Our drug and alcohol services - working with Phoenix Futures and Intuitive Thinking Skills in Derby, and Derbyshire Addictions Advice Service (DAAS), Intuitive Thinking Skills and Phoenix Futures in Derbyshire
- Our talking therapies service, Talking Mental Health Derbyshire - working with Derwent Rural Counselling Service and Relate
- The Derbyshire Mental Health Helpline and Support Service is a partnership between us, the charity P3, Richmond Fellowship and Derbyshire Federation for Mental Health.
Other partners include:
- Alzheimer's Society (dementia)
- British Deaf Association
- Derby City and South Derbyshire Mental Health Carers Forum
- Derby Open Centre (promoting understanding)
- Derbyshire Autism Services
- Derbyshire Carers Association
- Derbyshire LGBT+
- Derbyshire Mental Health Forum
- Derbyshire Mind (mental health)
- Derbyshire Voluntary Action - DVA
- First Steps (eating disorders)
- Healthwatch Derby
- Healthwatch Derbyshire including Mental Health Together
- Making Space (dementia)
- Rethink (mental health)
- Young Carers.