Get social with Derbyshire Healthcare
NHS Employers highlight three key reasons why effective use of social media supports high quality patient care:
- Social media is used increasingly by patients to help them understand the growing number of healthcare choices and the quality of services available to them. The NHS should be helping patients find the right information online.
- It allows the NHS to understand emerging developments among staff or patients more quickly and in more detail, including any concerns about the quality of care, so that services can be improved.
- It supports stronger engagement between staff, employers and the public, which patients say improves the quality of care.
The Trust’s corporate social media accounts
The Trust uses a range of social media platforms, managed by the Communications team. We do this to engage with different audiences, share the Trust's latest news stories and events and keep involved with the community we serve.
Our main social media accounts are as
- Twitter: @derbyshcft
- Facebook: DHCFT
- YouTube: Derbyshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
- LinkedIn: Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Our approach to social media
Our social media accounts are monitored from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. We are not able to offer medical advice. Any messages or posts containing medical questions or those related to a patient’s care will be automatically referred to our Patient Experience team.
We will follow other social media users relevant to our organisation, such as NHS trusts, local and national news organisations, local and national voluntary and charity organisations and other public sector organisations. We regret that we cannot guarantee to follow those who follow us.
If we are contacted by someone who is breaching the 'acceptable use' policies of a particular platform, we will stop following them and may take further steps where needed.
What can I expect if I like the Trust on Facebook?
We try to keep people up-to-date with the latest news from our teams on our Facebook page.
We use the page to showcase our amazing staff and their work. It's also the place to look for details of our events and campaigns. The page is monitored from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
To like us on Facebook, simply search for ‘Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust’ on Facebook or visit:www.facebook.com/dhcft
What can I expect as a follower of Derbyshire Healthcare’s Twitter account?
Our Twitter account is monitored Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. It covers:
- latest news from Derbyshire Healthcare
- upcoming local healthcare events
- news relating to our areas of business
- public health messages from other organisations
- retweets from other relevant organisations.