Be a Consultant at Derbyshire Healthcare
Come and join a caring and close-knit team – one that works alongside service users to help them lead meaningful and satisfying lives. Come and find work-life balance at the gateway to the Peak District, only 90 minutes from London by train.
Watch videos by two of our consultant psychiatrists, below, to learn more about working at Derbyshire Healthcare.
- We believe in a compassionate, recovery-focused approach. We are rated ‘good’ by the Care Quality Commission and were shortlisted at the 2015 Kate Granger Compassionate Care Awards
- Our medics and nurses work closely together, bound by our values
- Our work is underpinned by our consultants’ close collaboration with our Centre for Research & Development – which was shortlisted for a 2016 HSJ Award for its clinical research impact
- Our staff get to live and work in the beautiful and central county of Derbyshire, home to the Peak District National Park and the thriving city of Derby – just 30 minutes to Birmingham on the train and 1 hour 30 minutes to London.
- Up to £8,000 relocation expenses available to eligible candidates. Additional recruitment Incentives are also available
- Excellent training and career progression opportunities – we are keen to support the development of special interest sessions, including study leave support of £1,000 per annum towards your continuous professional development
- Our team provides exceptional peer support, as you will work within a multidisciplinary team
- We are committed to equal opportunities, improving the working lives of all our staff
- We will consider applications to work flexibly.
“After 25 years working as a psychiatrist across Derby and Derbyshire, I can say for sure
that it has been a perpetually stimulating experience and makes me proud of the area and its people.
From grand rural vistas to inner-city challenges, the world is here and yet we work in a close-knit and
supportive organisation. Give us a try and you are likely to get hooked."
Dr Simon Thacker, consultant psychiatrist , Associate Clinical Director
Shortlisted for 2016 Psychiatrist Of The Year (RCPsych Awards)
Watch the videos below featuring Dr Madeleine Bonney-Helliwell, our North Derbyshire Crisis Team Consultant Psychiatrist, and Dr Bushra Azam, our Hospital Liaison Team (North) Consultant Psychiatrist. Learn why they have chosen to work for Derbyshire Healthcare.