talking Mental Health Derbyshire Self-refer: before you refer yourself, please read our 'Interested in having talking therapy?' section

This section has information and questionnaires to help you decide if a referral is needed, or if self-help might be a better option for you. If you have questions for us after reading any of the information on the website, or about completing the referral form, then please see our contact details below:

self refer button

When you click on the button to self-refer, you will be taken to our secure online referral form. Once we receive your information, our admin team will process your referral and you will hear back from us, usually via post, but please be aware that contact may be via email or phone.

If you are unable to fill in the online form for any reason, you can also call us on 0300 123 0542 between the hours of 8:00am and 4:45pm. 
Due to continued social distancing in health care settings, we are operating with minimal staffing in the office at present. If your call is not answered, you will be able to leave your name and contact number.

Office address: Talking Mental Health Derbyshire, Ilkeston Resource Centre, Ilkeston Community Hospital, Heanor Road, Ilkeston DE7 8TL.

Information for all Talking Therapy providers in Derbyshire can be found on the Derby and Derbyshire CCG website.

Can't wait?

Should you feel that you need to speak to someone urgently, we recommend that you contact your GP surgery and speak to the duty doctor. If your GP surgery is closed, the following organisations may be able to offer you support:

  • Samaritans: 116 123        

  • Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – for men: 0800 58 58 58 – 5pm to midnight every day 

  • Hopeline UK – for people under the age of 35: 0800 068 41 41 – Monday to Friday 10am to 10pm, weekends 2pm to 10pm, bank holidays 2pm to 5pm 

  • Childline – for children and young people under 19: 0800 1111 (the number will not show up on your phone bill)

  • Silver Line – for older people: 0800 4 70 80 90

  • In medical emergency and life-threatening situations only, where a person has taken an overdose or needs urgent medical attention, please dial 999 or attend your nearest hospital A&E department.

Learn more about these organisations on the NHS website.

Would you like to be involved in the largest-ever research study of depression and anxiety? The GLAD study (Genetic Links to Anxiety and Depression) is looking for participants. There is more information on the study website.

Page list