We are now offering video consultations to some of our patients. Video consultations will allow us to provide your care safely during the COVID-19 response as you will be able to see and hear your healthcare team via a video link rather than meeting them in person. We may continue to use video consultations as part of normal care as they are easy to use and are often more convenient – saving you time and money.
Find out more about how your consultation will work:
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is using a secure web-based platform called Attend Anywhere for video consultation appointments. To use video consultations patients will need;
- A PC, Mac or iOS/Android (smartphone) device, using Google Chrome (for PC/Mac/Android devices), Safari (for iOS devices and Mac) or Microsoft Edge* (for Mac, Android, iOS, and Windows)
*Please note that Attend Anywhere will only work on the latest version of Microsoft Edge
- A webcam, speaker and microphone on their device
- Mobile data or access to the internet.
Please note it is preferable to connect to video calls via a secure Wi-Fi network to improve connectivity and limit the use of mobile data.
It is a good idea to test your equipment before the day of your appointment. This can help you to know what to expect at your appointment and give us time to resolve any technical issues. Please contact your care team if you are not able to complete the test sign in.
The decision to offer this type of appointment will be made by a medical professional depending on your individual care needs and this will be discussed with you. Your video consultation will be scheduled as a normal appointment and we will confirm the appointment date and time with you.
This short video provides some information on how your video call will work:
Accessing the video consultation is simple; find the service you need to see from the list below and follow the link to their waiting area. Or use the URL (web address) from your appointment letter or text message.
On the date and time of your appointment you will be able to enter your clinic via the ‘start video call’ button. As with normal appointments it is a good idea to enter the waiting room a few minutes early. You will be asked to provide your name, date of birth and a phone number so we can confirm your identity and call you back if there are any technical difficulties. Your health professional will then join you in the waiting area
Start your video call appointment
Please choose your service from the list below and click ‘Start video call’ to be taken to the waiting room. If you have a QR code reader on your smartphone or tablet, you can also use the QR code to access your waiting room.
If you are not sure which area to choose, or you find yourself waiting and your clinician does not join you for the appointment, please first check the details on your appointment letter and then contact the team on their usual telephone number if required.
More information and help
- Patient leaflet for Attend Anywhere
- Derbyshire Healthcare Patient Information Sheet for Attend Anywhere
- Patient guide - easy read
- View the troubleshooting leaflet
- Patient leaflet - Arabic
- Patient leaflet - Bengali
- Patient leaflet - Bulgarian
- Patient leaflet - Italian
- Patient leaflet - Polish
- Patient leaflet - Punjabi
- Patient leaflet - Romanian
- Patient leaflet - Urdu
- Contact your care team on their normal contact details.
- We will be developing some Frequently Asked Questions as more patients use the service
- If you need to download the Chrome browser to your device, you can do this via the Play Store (Android/PC users) or App Store (iOS/Mac users).